Sunday, November 10, 2013

Champion

It's been a beautiful journey. It's been 8 months and 30 days since I finished Prodigy. 38 weeks and 6 days. 6528 hours. However, I can recall Prodigy in extreme detail, which frankly, surprises me. I remember that the first series that I ever finished was Hush, Hush. Unfortunately, the last book Finale didn't pique my interest. The romance between Patch and Nora didn't give me butterflies in my stomach. Champion is a different case.
I love Champion more than anything else. It's the BEST book that I've ever read. (I'm sorry CITY OF GLASS and CLOCKWORK PRINCESS). It's amazing how a simple, innocent touch from Day stirs my emotions. Day is the boy who walks in the light. He is the light. He's passionate, intense, and beautiful, though his love is entwined with sadness. His love is full and whole. He wears his heart on his sleeve. His gaze is intense. He is vulnerable.
I love how Champion is connected with Legend and Prodigy. Ms. Lu does a great job connecting the stories.
Champion is the epitome of perfection.


"Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don’t last forever, you know. But I’ll fight as hard as I can. I can promise you that."

"There’s a voice telling me to get up. When I look to my side, I see a boy holding out his hand to me. He has bright blue eyes, dirt on his face, and a beat-up old cap on, and at this moment, I think he might be the most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen.
My wandering has led me to the beginning of our journey together. I suppose it’s only fitting for me to be here at that journey’s end."

Ultimately, everything returns to the beginning. Beautiful and memorable.
There's always an ending to everything. No matter how much you love the series, it comes to an end. However, the last book usually faces criticism because it simply doesn't meet the readers' expectations. Words can't describe how much I love the series. It has a phenomenal yet bittersweet ending. The first-person narration allows the readers to understand both characters fully. 
I merely remembered that I kept crying. I see the vulnerability, sincerity, and strength in Day. I see the persistence, logic, and intelligence in June. My heart aches for the characters after the ending in Prodigy. They've gone through so much, yet they still have to face the inevitable-- war. They love each other, yet they have lots of heart-wrenching misunderstandings. I often wonder why is their road full of thorns. It is so twisted that pain excavates holes in my heart. Sometimes, I just want to slap the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment